Use a clean cloth to clean your child’s gums.
Use a small, soft toothbrush to clean your child’s teeth.
Get your child’s teeth checked once a year from when your child is 1 year old. Ask your clinic about making an appointment with a dentist.
When will your child’s milk teeth appear?
- 4–7 months: The first tooth will probably appear. It will probably be one of the bottom middle teeth.
- 8–12 months: The top middle teeth might appear.
- 9–13 months: The teeth next to the top middle teeth might appear.
- 10–16 months: The teeth next to the bottom middle teeth might appear.
- 13–18 months: The first molars (the wider teeth towards the back of the mouth) will probably appear.
The top molars usually appear before the bottom molars.
- 16–23 months: The upper and lower canines will probably appear.
- The second molars will usually appear last.
- When your child is 3 years old, he/she will probably have all 20 milk teeth.